Chinese-Forums

Shipping to China - Whiskey

JohnKillerDoe

Hello,

I'm going to send my friend a few books from Philippines and I was thinking I could add to them a small bottle of whiskey (0,35l) and maybe snacks. Is it allowed or it's prohibited? I'm not quite sure I was trying to find more information but somewhere it looks like it's possible and somewhere not. I suppose somebody has. Already experienced. 

Thank you alot

As long as it's not a large quantity or banned in China it should be allowed (just based on my personal experience) 

You can probably check with the Chinese customs & clearance department & they could provide a list of prohibited goods

There are separate issues:

1. Is it allowed for customs purposes and what's the duty if any? Does the recipient have to comply with any special procedures?

2. Does the shipper carry alcohols? There's usually a long list of banned goods by the shipper, quite apart from customs restrictions.

Thanks for your replies. In the end, I decided not to send it because almost every shipping company does not allow to send alcohol beverages you need a special permission for that or send a passport copy of the recipient and I don't want to complicate it. 

• Helpful 1