Chinese-Forums

Chinese 102 Letter assignment help

smarshall4

• New Members

Hello, 

I am in college and I am taking a Chinese 102 class for my language credit. Our assignment is to write a letter to a friend that uses some new vocab words and ones we have already learned. We also have to have a draft checked and corrected by someone who speaks Chinese. I have attached a copy of my letter and if someone could help correct my grammar and also let me know how to address and sign off I would be very grateful! 

Thanks, 

SM 

Chinese Essay 1 .docx

If you can find this book《中国现代应用文》or one like it, you'll have answers to your questions about the address, greeting and salutation when writing a letter. There are several options.

https://books.google.com/books/about/中國現代應用文.html?id=Sc4PAAAAYAAJ&redir_esc=y

(Many texts on 应用文 only cover business correspondence, but this book also covers personal correspondence.)

EDIT:

Well, nobody is chiming in, so I'll add some more.

The greeting depends on your relationship with the recipient. If it's a formal relationship, you usually use family name and title: 陈老师. If it's a personal relationship, you can use the name you use in conversation perhaps with something added: 安迪老友. In very informal situations -- like a Taobao seller contacting you with a question -- the greeting is often just 亲 these days. The greetiing goes on the top line, usually followed by a comma or a colon.

On the second line there's almost always an introduction like 你好!

You can close with something like 祝你 then add a wish appropriate to the recipient, if you'd like: 祝你身体健康. Before that closing it's common but not absolutely necessary to include a sentence wrapping up your letter.

Don't forget to sign and date it.

Here's how a formatted letter looks:

http://pic.17qq.com/uploads/uerqatsrhx.jpeg

• Like 1