Chinese-Forums

wechat blocked

tezar1962

• New Members

i've been blocked, apparently i've made too many friend requests. i thought the shake feature was a way to meet new people, all contact with my wechat connections are made through wechat i dont have their phone numbers in my phones contact list so i cannot contact them to help me unblock my account. can someone help me unblock my account ? user name is tez100007 

thanking you in advance

Screenshot_20200312-002136_WeChat[1].jpg

Screenshot_20200312-002418_WeChat[1].jpg

Mine was blocked a while back. It was a new account and id sent about 3 friend requests in a day(seemed a bit OTT). As mungouk said I was able to solve it myself by clicking on the linked help centre. Then one of my friends, who was an authorised account (i think this meant, possibly Chinese with ID card, and not a new account) said I was who I was, and voila, unblocked.

Best of luck :)

Many are us are so dependent on wechat now for both social and work related contact, e.g conference calls , that being blocked would cause a major problem, especially now China is focusing to online communication. Everyone I know uses wechat to contact clients. 

Having had days where I added dozens of people on my work-related WeChat I expect there is more to it. If it is the amount of people you've added then it must be because you're not in close proximity to each other or you don't share friends. As having people scan your QR code from your phone, even when hundreds of people do so, I know from a fact doesn't block your WeChat.

6 hours ago, ChTTay said:

I’ve seen local chaps on the subway use the look around feature and literally add every women with a photo. That might be where this comes from.

That's unsettling.

19 hours ago, 杰.克 said:

Then one of my friends, who was an authorised account (i think this meant, possibly Chinese with ID card, and not a new account) said I was who I was, and voila, unblocked.

Is this an issue with accounts that don't have any ID information tied to them then?

1 hour ago, Weyland said:

Is this an issue with accounts that don't have any ID information tied to them then?

My memory was that the reason was that the account was new which i think they calculated at less than a year old. However, I would suspect having ID linked to the account wouldn't hurt.

• 2 months later...

WeChat algorithms for detecting bad activities are really bad. On top the support for foreign user is also very bad and their methods to get the account back are also very bad because it always involves the help of someone in your contact list that you can't contact when you can't get into your WeChat... There is also a limit for a person to help you. After they helped you once this person can only help you after 1 month or so again and then maybe only after 1 year. The requirement for the person that helps you is also strange. It can't be everyone. The best its if that person is Chinese. 

So you should always have contact details other than WeChat from several people in your list written down so you could contact them in case your account gets blocked due to bad WeChat algorithms... When the only contact detail you have of them is WeChat which is most of the time the case it will not be possible for you to get the account back. Maybe only if you talk in Chinese with the WeChat support on the phone or have a Chinese doing that for you because for foreigners there is no working support. Even in huge companies like Alibaba, ICBC or Tencent there is nearly no Chinese that can speak or write English and help you.

Also there is something like a point system in WeChat I think. If you don't have much points eg through using WeChat payment and you have on top unusual activities which foreigners are likely more to have than Chinese because they use for example VPN, change phones... it can happen that you get blocked already by just adding 2 or 3 people. And it can happen directly again when you got your account back and you need someone else to help you then...

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1