Chinese-Forums

Is anybody studying acrobatics etc. at the Beijing Internat Art School

pixienomad

Hi there,

I'm currently in the US, preparing to come to China and start the very same course, Acrobatics at the Beijing International Art School.

Their website and their awards are all very impressive and one post-er said that they were very impressed with the teachings. i have a couple of questions and was wondering if you could help.

I don't speak chinese now. does the school organise tuition? or do you do it privately? how much is it? how much tuition do you need to get yourself started in basic conversing?

What's Beijing like without Chinese? Can you get by with English or is it like in parts of Western China, where hardly anybody seemed to understand English, nor bodylanguage, nor hands and feet nor pointing? People really weren't interested in trying to understand...

Does anybody help you while you're getting settled in, simply language wise?

What's it like to have all the teachings in Chinese? Do you get it? Can other students speak English?

How long did you decide to study? all day, every day? Do you have another major? Did you have previous experience? I don't , I just have a van load of determination and curiosity and dreams...

You said to give the dorms a miss, could you tell me how much an appartment is? Can you get anything close to Uni?

Oh, and do you know if the cantine at the Uni has vegetarian food at all?

Did you get your students visa beforehand? Which country did you come from?

What's it like to live in Beijing?

I'm so sorry to bombard you with all these questions :shock: , but you are the only person I've found that's actually doing it... :)

I'd be soooo grateful if you could take the time to answer my questions.

Thank you so much, maybe I'll see you soon....

Love

Nancy