Chinese-Forums

Online writing exercises?

feihong

I'm thinking about starting a blog for Chinese writing exercises. Basically, each blog post would provide a prompt and the reader would need to write something in response. Nothing too complicated, basically you read a little bit and then write something related to what you read. Before I start the blog, I want to see what else is out there, and after some googling, I came up with nothing. I guess the main problem is that if you search for "chinese writing exercises" you end up with exercises for writing 汉子, which isn't at all what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know of any existing online resource for this sort of thing?

It will be interactive in the sense that you can submit your writing as a comment and everyone on the forum can see it and comment on it if they choose. I probably  don’t have the time or motivation to correct responses.

But let’s not kid ourselves, there aren’t going to be many responses anyway.

I was indirectly suggesting that if you want the blog to grow even flourish, then you'll have to put the time into it at the beginning with lively critiques of responses. Otherwise, why would anyone post replies just to sit there? There's no value in using the site without critiques in return, either from you or from other users. And it'll take time to build a base of other users, so you'll have to bear the labouring oar at the start.