Chinese-Forums

Help Finding Post about Free Chinese-Made Word Translate Program

Larry Language Lover

Larry Language Lover

There's a thread on here about a downloadable computer program used by Chinese people to click on words and get the translation.  I installed it sometime back and found it quite useful.  It is all in Chinese, from a Chinese company used by Chinese to learn languages,  but it works for clicking on Chinese characters when reading and getting the meaning in English.

My daughter accidently deleted this app when trying to make room to install games, and I'd like to re-install it.  Does anyone remember this thread?  Thanks!

• Good question! 1

If it is on a PC the info is still on the hard drive until something writes over it, its not actually gone from your hard drive. I don't know how but I do know you can look at these deleted programs. Even if it has been corrupted it may give you  clue as to the name.

A long shot, but might help.

Maybe someone with more tech skills can help.

Larry Language Lover

There was a lot of talk about it at the time.  It was for Chinese people learning English, French, etc.  but worked in reverse allowing one to click on Chinese characters and get a pop up translation with pinyin.   All instructions were in Chinese.

Larry Language Lover

I'm quite pleased with myself..... I found it!   It is called  youdao 有道.

I translated pertinent sentences into Chinese with Google Translate and inserted the Chinese text into Google and did an image search and recognized the company logo! LOL...

I loved it because I could click on some Chinese PDFs I have and get pop-up definitions of characters and many times with pinyin too.

• Like 2