Chinese-Forums

Message Dates

bossidy

When accessing a multipage thread, the default is to display messages in order from oldest to newest. Unless I'm missing something, you have to go to page three (if the thread uses 3 pages) to see the newest message. No doubt that is the intended behavior, but it would be nice if a user could jump to the newest first, particularly if he/she has been following the thread for a number of days.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. The whole site is absolutely fantastic, very feature-rich, and much more sophisticated than others containing equivalent content. The forums are really first class.

I'm not entirely sure I see what the problem is - if you are on the forum view (eg) or new posts view then next to the title of each topic are numbers linked to each page, so you can jump to any page you want. Also, the http://www.chinese-forums.com/images/buttons/lastpost.gif[/url] image next to the last posters name in the 'Last Post' column will take you to (can you guess . . .) the last post in the topic.

It is also possible to use the User Options to make posts show in reverse chronological order - Thread Display Mode - Linear (Newest First). Personally I find this confusing as you have to scroll down to where you stopped reading, and then read your way up again.

If that doesn't help, then . . . I'm glad you like everything else :)

Roddy