Chinese-Forums

HSK 6 Paper/Computer Based

markhavemann

I couldn't find anything on the forum specifically about this. 

In the past I wrote HSK 3, 4 and 5, and when I registered it asked if I wanted to do the paper or computer based test (at least I think it did) 

Today I registered for HSK 6, but later realized it didn't ask me which one I wanted. If I need to hand write the written parts I'll probably fail. 

Does anybody know why it doesn't give the options anymore? Is it only computer based now? 

No, it's not only computer based.

If it's computer based, the name of the test center should contain 网考 or "Internet-based Test"

On this page, you can look for test centers and select the  "Type test sites"/考点类型

either "paper and pencil test sites"/纸笔考点 or "network quiz points"/网考考点

• Like 1

And conversely, your admission ticket for 网考 test doesn't necessarily say you're registered for an "online" test...

When I did HSK 3 the admission ticket even had the paper test instructions on it including taking a 2B pencil etc., even though I was registered for 网考.

If you registered on http://www.chinesetest.cn/ then you should be able to login and go to "personal information center" to check the test registration.

7 hours ago, edelweis said:

On this page, you can look for test centers and select the  "Type test sites"/考点类型

either "paper and pencil test sites"/纸笔考点 or "network quiz points"/网考考点

I saw that somebody (maybe you) mentioned this in a post somewhere, but when I checked, none of the test centers said anything so I thought maybe it had changed or something. Now I just had a look at more test centers in other places and some really do say computer based. 

This should be interesting...