Chinese-Forums

T-Shirt message

Haoqide

Hi, everybody!

I'm wanting to design a t-shirt kind of as a joke for all those guys that prefer Chinese women to American women...anyway, I have an idea of what I want it to say, but I don't know how on earth to say it the most casually...here are a couple of ideas I have.

"Save yourself some trouble...Date a Chinese girl"

"Looking for a Chinese girlfriend"

Can you guys help me out with the wording? I'll need the characters and the pinyin translation with the tones so that I can use my Windows IME and Photoshop to make the image. :)

Thanks in advance!

haha, that's kinda funny. I'd buy one! ;)

Although,I wouldn't use any phrase that degredates women, even if they are American (i.e. American women stink...). I did enjoy these those:

"Save an American woman...Date a Chinese girl" (i'm not sure what this is supposed to mean)

I'm sure there are even catchier phrases you can find too.

Youshen

I always liked the quote that I made up, and I don't think it is degrading in any way... whenever my friends ask me why I am attracted to Chinese women, I say.

"Once you go Asian, you can't go Caucasian." --- although, i don't know how well that translates into Chinse! haha :mrgreen:

Youshen

You did not make up "Once you go Asian, you can't go Caucasian."

I remember a 'friend' having it on a teeshirt in London twenty years ago. It probably originated during the Vietnam war or even earlier in the Korean War.

And it was as racist then as it is now.

To answer the question whether this sentence is condecending or not u need to take into consideration what the author meant by the quote.

If he by that meant that "asian women are less hustle to live with because thay are more subversive", then I would definitly think that he should reconsider, both the text on the T-shirt aswell as his view on women.

So my question to the author if this thread and the quote is, What did, and do you mean by this?

You know, nevermind. I meant no condescension, no disrespect. Maybe this was just a bad idea.

It's more of a commentary on American culture than anything else. Our culture is designed in a way to put pressure on women to constantly have the nicest, newest, greatest, latest, most extravagant of every product and service under the sun. And that pressure breeds attitudes of materialism and me-firstism,which is something I don't like and causes problems. SO I prefer the less Westernized cultures where this isn't as difficult as a problem. I dont mind having nice things, but when your entire lifestyle is spent procuring those things and working to keep them up, you're in bad shape.

My thought behind the tshit are that Chinese cultue hasn't been damagaed to the point that American culture has in this regard. Males, females, in American culture, we're all constantly fed a streem of the same things, and it makes us too independent and unwilling to comprimise fo the good of the group or the family. It's those kind of values that I esteem in Asia people and that's what's behind the t-shirt.

Lke I said, thogh, maby this was a bad ideal all together Roddy can we just kill this thread?

Thanks..