Chinese-Forums

Wechat people nearby function problem

Luone

• New Members

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with wechat people nearby. I used this function earlier and it's really good to make Chinese friends in my country. But somehow these days the other people just can't see me. I think I am restricted to use this function, but I never violated the rules. I think the problem is maybe I used wechat on my previous phone and I bought a new one. My sister uses the old one now and she also uses wechat with her own profile. Maybe it's a problem that on the same phone two people used wechat, but I don't understand. What should I do?

I would better use Tandem, HelloTalk, Meetup for that. The WeChat customer service might help you if someone speaks in Chinese with them. There is this page here https://help.wechat.com/cgi-bin/newreadtemplate?t=help_center/feedback_form&lang=en&Channel=WeChatOfficialWebsite but I think nothing will be done there as I tried it several times already.

12 hours ago, Luone said:

Btw, you also have the same problem with people nearby or another problem with wechat generally?

i had problems with WeChat when I didn't use it for a long time and lost my Chinese phone number because of inactivity. Somehow my account got taken over by a person who I believe received my former Chinese phone number even though I had it connected with my email. Then I saw how bad WeChat is when it comes to customer service and account security... I eventually got the account back but since the person who had the account posted new things on the wall and changed the name I think many people deleted the account and blocked it even. So after I got it back I got blocked quite fast when I added just 3 people because I think WeChat thought I could be a bad person because many deleted or blocked the account. But when I started to use WeChat payment I think it became better and since then I never got blocked again but I also never tried again to add more than 3 people at once...