Chinese-Forums

Meaning of "婲"

demoore

This is a rarely used character in China. Most of Chinese can't read and know the meaning of it.

I managed to find it in 金山词霸, a famous e-dictionary in China.

hua1

容貌艳好(韩国汉字)

BTW, I'm Chinese and I'm learning English by myself now. I try to reply in English. Please point out any mistakes in it if there is

There are very simple rules for characters like this . . .

1) A character you don't recognise with the radical 女: These means 'lovely' or 'graceful', and are only ever seen in girls names. Ignore them unless you are naming a Chinese girl, or want to impress Chinese waitresses or air-hostesses by reading their name tag and saying things like 'Wow, Zhang Huahua, what a lovely name.'

2) A character you don't recognise with the radical 艹 like 葑: These always refer to some random plant. Ignore them unless you are a botanist.

3) Characters you don't recognise with the 钅radical like 锇. These are always metals, and can be ignored unless you are a materials scientist

4) Characters you don't recognise with the 气 radical like 氮. These are always gases, and can be ignored unless you are the kind of person who likes to know about gases.

Application of these simple rules can increase reading speed by up to 20%.

Roddy

Chacters you don't recognise

Chacters ? :mrgreen:

More seriously:

婲 is a typical first name using a rare character, or created once by adjoining a radical to a more common word (which gives the pronunciation) . First names are not always in dictionaries, even the most comprehensive ones, because some characters for first names could have been be invented just for the purpose of being unique or rare .

In this case, its simply hua1.

A simple Net search may give a clue : it's also a chinese name.