Chinese-Forums

Help Needed to Translate Letter

Queen Cronut

• New Members

Hello! I'm adopted and would like to get in touch with my foster parents in China. I'm from Nanning located in the southern area of the Guangzi Zhaung Autonomous Region but was adopted when I was one years old and emigrated to America. Although the common language of the region is Cantonese, I'm not 100% sure what dialect they speak. I would really love some help in translating their address so that I can learn that language and hopefully reconnect with them. 

[Image removed at request of poster, because it contained personal information - Lu]

[Personal information deleted.]

The address is in standard written Chinese. Even if from a minority group and perhaps speaking a minority language at home, as city dwellers they undoubtedly speak, read and write standard Chinese. So if you want to reconnect with them, that's the language to use.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

15 hours ago, 889 said:

since the personal information on the photo doesn't get indexed by the search engines.

I don't know what the state of the art is currently, but I do know Google will index a scanned PDF, and even if it's not indexing text embedded in photos today, it may well start doing so soon enough. It's just an OCR problem.