Chinese-Forums

Common Voice open-source transcribed audio dataset

大块头

thelearninglearner

this is actually pretty cool. I will try to use some of this in a morphman deck. just need to figure out how to translate sentences properly and make sure the ones i add are spoken accurately. do they have a separate section of the ones spoken well? I have to take a look

53 minutes ago, thelearninglearner said:

do they have a separate section of the ones spoken well?

After a sentence is recorded it then goes through a validation process where other volunteers listen to it and confirm that the speaker read the sentence correctly. The number of up or down votes a sentence recording got is a part of the dataset.

• 5 weeks later...

Sounds awesome. Thanks for tagging me in. I'm getting confused navigating the site though, how does one access the dataset?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot, but I'll blame it on listening to 王菲 too loud and disorientating myself.

One thing I noticed about the Taiwan set (haven't checked China yet) is that the dataset is overwhelmingly male, which I view as a good thing for myself. So many learning materials are female spoken.