Chinese-Forums

Tattoo translation

lisatheoriginal

He cant remember the meaning of something he permanently inked on his body? something that should have a deep and personal link to him. A truth that he held dear so much that he wanted to be connected with it until his dying days. Something that in difficult times, he could look upon and take shelter in, take root in. Ah yes, whatever is going on in the world, this message never fades or distorts...

and he cannie remember it?

危命勁 'danger, fate, strength'. My guess is he picked them out of a 'cool words in Chinese' sheet at the tattooist's, which explains why he forgot what it says three seconds after picking them out. The calligraphy is fairly bad and the characters don't line up well.

Yes the boyfriend was being an idiot, but really tattooists who do things like this are bordering on criminal, if you ask me. Customer is drunk, clearly decided on both the tattoo and the content on a whim, tattooist doesn't know the meaning of the intended tattoo or how to execute it well, and still etches this onto someone's skin permanently, and even gets paid for it? That's just bad.

3 hours ago, Lu said:

Yes the boyfriend was being an idiot, but really tattooists who do things like this are bordering on criminal, if you ask me. Customer is drunk, clearly decided on both the tattoo and the content on a whim, tattooist doesn't know the meaning of the intended tattoo or how to execute it well, and still etches this onto someone's skin permanently, and even gets paid for it? That's just bad.

Yes 100% agree

4 hours ago, lisatheoriginal said:

No he doesn’t remember it because he was stupid and drunk... luckily this was before I was dating him or he would be in trouble.

Fair enough. We all do our fair share of stupid things when drunk! As Lu said, its a shame he was allowed to go through with it given his state!