Chinese-Forums

Translate?

sliq

Hi ! I was wondering if someone could help me translate this... it came out of my NEW friend's xanga and I wanted to know if he said anything about me - THANKS.

靈辰2點____

今日訓到晏宙3點幾 打左陣機__5點出發去人地婚禮(美式) 帶著一個好奇既心情.........點知

未去之前 咋咋lum沖左個靚涼 跟住係屋企媽幫我搵西裝__好左都有我既site 不過真係唔鍾意著老西_-_

係條fu緊左d__又要sip3 好唔舒服

係個dinner到識左好多人 好多識講中交既aunt,uncle 佢地都話我係一個叻仔 岩岩黎d英文都算唔錯 不過真係要講多d, 聽多d____呢個我都知__所以我e加無論係邊到都主動左識朋友__不論男女老幼 因為佢地可以同我講英文 it can improve my english=) 其實人就係咁 識得多朋友就會識多d唔同既野/知識 朋友真係用黎互相學習 that"t always the true 但係都係朋友易交知己難求

都黎左一個月 我自己覺得唔錯a d生活不過係悶d 悶過hk好多 不過媽話過多排 多dfr同埋自己ja到車個時就好自由 不過唔知自己既future係dim...........

留or回

呢到d人過左黎almost都會留番係到生活 得閒先番下香港 我都未知自己去向?!?!?!?!?!真係一個問號 不過都唔諗咁多 讀好d書先算 我木前既木標就係完成大學 係咁多

不過我唔會唔記得香港既朋友

講真我覺得做學生幾好 大左做野個時就真係辛苦得多

我覺得學生真係應該玩下,識多d fr,見識多d e唔係死讀書

美國呢到就係咁~~我覺得好好 唔知自己大個左會做d咩呢>>>>>

講番個dinner-.-(唔記得左tim)

我識左個同我一樣大既fr 我地一king就好好king 佢都幾好人- -

佢係晌呢到出細既香港人 佢d中文唔係咁好__哈哈 我教佢中文 佢又教番我英文 幾過ren

佢係我媽fr個仔黎 我媽係到都識好多人 我黎左一個月佢都可以幫我搵到人同我玩 就好似踢波gim

其實我覺得自己出身真係比好多人好 但係真係輸比個懶字

我真係覺得自己變左好多 笫時我一定要做個叻仔

又3點幾____ting日又起唔到身-0-

It's written in Cantonese and I'm having to guess with quite a lot of stuff (like the meaning of "fr" etc but here goes...this was the only bit that seemed to be about anyone in particular...

I've met a friend who is the same age as me, as soon as started talking we had a good talk, he's a good person

He's a Hong Konger born here, his Chinese isn't that good, haha, I'm teaching him Chinese and he's teaching me English in return

He's my mother's friend's son, my mother knows lots of people everywhere, I've been here one month and he's been able to help find people to play with, it's like playing football (?, not too sure about that bit...)

靈辰2點____

零晨2点 (Note: There is a typo. It is not靈辰, but 零晨.)

2:00 AM

今日訓到晏宙3點幾 打左陣機__5點出發去人地婚禮(美式) 帶著一個好奇既心情.........點知

今天睡到下午3点多,打了几回游戏,带着一个好奇的心情,5点出发去别人的婚礼(美式)…… 谁料到会……

Today, I slept till after 3 in the afternoon. I played a few rounds of games, then started for someone’s wedding with a curious heart. But something just happened out of my expectation…

未去之前 咋咋lum沖左個靚涼 跟住係屋企媽幫我搵西裝__好左都有我既site 不過真係唔鍾意著老西_-_

出发之前,我赶紧洗了个澡,然后在家里让我妈帮我找西装,还好,总算还有我的那一套。不过我真的很不喜欢穿西装呀。

Before stepping out, I took a good bath in a hurry. Then I looked for my business suit. Not bad, I got my suit. But I really don’t like to dress myself in a suit.

係條fu緊左d__又要sip3 好唔舒服

裤子紧了点,又要把衬衣往里塞,好难受。

The trousers were a bit tight, then the shirt must be put in. I really felt uncomfortable.

係個dinner到識左好多人 好多識講中交既aunt,uncle 佢地都話我係一個叻仔 岩岩黎d英文都算唔錯 不過真係要講多d, 聽多d____呢個我都知__所以我e加無論係邊到都主動左識朋友__不論男女老幼 因為佢地可以同我講英文 it can improve my english=) 其實人就係咁 識得多朋友就會識多d唔同既野/知識 朋友真係用黎互相學習 that"t always the true 但係都係朋友易交知己難求

Note: There is a typo in好多識講中交既, not 中交, but 中文.

在那个晚宴里我认识了很多人,很多会说中文的叔叔阿姨。他们说我是个好孩子,才刚来不久,英文还行,但还得多讲,多听。这我知道,所以我无论到哪儿都主结交朋友,无论男女老少。因为他们可以跟我讲英文,这可以提高我的英文水平。其实人就这样啦,多结交些朋友,就会多学些不同的东西或知识。朋友是拿来互相学习的,这是至理名言。不过就是朋友易交,知己难求了。

In that wedding party, I met with a lot of people, a lot of uncles and aunts who could speak Chinese. They said that I was a good boy and my English was not bad, though I had just been here. However, I still needed to say more and listen to more. I knew it. So I make friends wherever I go, no matter they are male or female, young or old. For they can talk with me in English, it can improve my English. In fact, it is the way for man, the more friends you make, the more different things or knowledge you will learn. Friends are for us to learn mutually. It is really the wisdom. The problem is to make friends is as easy as it is hard to find a buddy.

都黎左一個月 我自己覺得唔錯a d生活不過係悶d 悶過hk好多 不過媽話過多排 多dfr同埋自己ja到車個時就好自由 不過唔知自己既future係dim...........

我都来了一个月了,我自己觉的还行啊。就是生活闷了点,比香港闷多了。不过,我妈说了,多跟朋友在一起,并且到能够自己架车的时候就自由了。不过,我不知道自己的未来会怎么样……

I have been here for a month. It is not bad here, but the life is a bit boring, much more boring than in Hong Kong. However, my mom says that “Try to stay with your friends and wait until you can drive a car, then you may feel free.” I just have no idea how my future will be.

留or回

留下来还是回去

Go back or stay here?

呢到d人過左黎almost都會留番係到生活 得閒先番下香港 我都未知自己去向?!?!?!?!?!真係一個問號 不過都唔諗咁多 讀好d書先算 我木前既木標就係完成大學 係咁多

Note: “木前” should be “目前”. “木标”should be “目标”.

来到这儿的人几乎到都留在这个地方生活,有空才回香港去。我自己也不知到自己的去向如何?!真是一个问号。不过也不去想那么多了,先把书读好再说。我目前的目标就是完成大学的学业,就这么多。

People immigrated here almost will life here, and come back Hong Kong when they have time off. I have no idea on my direction yet. It is really a question mark. OK, don’t think that much, and pay attention just to my study. My present aim is to finish my college course. Just so!

不過我唔會唔記得香港既朋友

不过我不会忘记在香港的朋友。

No, I won’t forget my friends in Hong Kong.

講真我覺得做學生幾好 大左做野個時就真係辛苦得多

说真的,我觉得作学生挺好的。长大了,要工作的时候,就辛苦多了。

To be frank with you, I think it is not bad to be a student. When I grew up, I had to work, which should be much harder.

我覺得學生真係應該玩下,識多d fr,見識多d e唔係死讀書

我觉得学生真该多玩玩,多交些朋友,多长点见识,不要死读书。

I think students should play more, make more friends, to increase more experience, but not to be a bookworm.

美國呢到就係咁~~我覺得好好 唔知自己大個左會做d咩呢>>>>>

美国这儿就这样。我觉得挺好的,不知道自己长大后会干啥呢?

The American way is like this. I feel so good, however, I don't know what I will do when I grow up.

講番個dinner-.-(唔記得左tim)

再说回到那个晚宴去。(忘了呢)

Must go back to say more on that dinner. (I have almost forgotten that.)

我认识了一个与我同龄的人。我们一开始就聊得不错。他人挺好的。

I met someone the same age as me. Just started chatting, we had a good chat. This guy is not bad.

他是在这里出生的香港人,他的中文不咋的,哈哈,我教他中文,他又教我英文,好过瘾。

He is a Hong Kong guy born here. His Chinese was not so good, haha, so I taught him Chinese and he taught me English. It was so interesting!

他是我妈朋友的儿子。我妈在这儿认识不少人。我来了一个月,她就帮我找到玩伴了,比如是踢球的伙伴。

He is the son of my mom’s friend. My mom knows a lot of people here. I have been here for a month, however, she has ever found some playmates for me, say, playmates to play football.

其實我覺得自己出身真係比好多人好 但係真係輸比個懶字

其实我觉得我的命比很多人要好,就是输给了那个懒字罢了。

In fact I feel my fate is much better than many others, but I am always trapped in my lazy character.

我真係覺得自己變左好多 笫時我一定要做個叻仔

我真的觉得自己变了许多。以后我一定要做个好孩子。

I really feel that I have changed a lot. I surely will be a good boy in the future.

又3點幾____ting日又起唔到身-0-

又到3点多了,明天又起不来了唔~ ~

It is already after 3 now. My ~ ~ ~! I can’t get up on time tomorrow again!

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Well, I thought that pretty much all Chinese dialects use the same character system with minor adjustments, it's just the pronounciation that's different, so as long as you can speak/read one dialect, you can read all of them.

At least, that's what I think. Might be wrong.

my guess is not much, considering how native chinese speakers who do not understand cantonese at all would probably not be able to understand the cantonese words (except by guessing?)

Well that's only true for spoken Cantonese. I think this text isn't too hard to understand, but the guy "mispelled" many words, so that probably made it harder. Also, his story sounds pretty familiar to me.

Just wondering if someone can translate this too ! Thanks

又2點_____

前日星期5 有個fr__Gofeyla (踢波識 好nice) 帶左我去教堂 既迎新日 (佢話我會識到好多香港人) 咁我咪去下 check it out lo -_- 去到~~wa!真係好多香港人 都有十幾廿個 有d做緊野 有d讀緊大學 有d讀緊high school

去到______比我既感覺係好親切 都一個月都冇聽到咁多人講cantonese>M<

不過有d人講普通話 我靜係聽到小小ja___ 我小-.-凸

真係唔識講 講斜dd cantonese音就算____話晒係香港普通話都囉F咖嗎-0-

去到我撞到一個人 又係踢波識-_____-真係咁岩得咁q 佢又係教會d人 又係好鍾意踢波波 佢係一個e生@@ 好叻 佢話我控個波好定 haha ^^"

呢晚我識左好多人__d人好多真係好似真係信耶穌gum........

但係講真 其實我去church係想識多d fr

信唔信耶穌?????我真係唔知

但係我覺得信唔信穌 信咩宗教都好 只要係道人向善既就係好既野

所以我會繼續番教會

又3點-.-

聽日又起唔到身

i don't know any cantonese, so i have no clue what i am talking about. but since the OP seems to be interested in what this person had to say about him/her, there's one sentence i would have translated just a little differently.

我们一开始就聊得不错.

i think in mandarin the 一。。。。就。。。 construction is used to convey the meaning of an event immedeadtly following another even.

perhaps the "just started chatting, we had a good chat" is not quite right. i'd guess at:"We hit it right off!", meaning that even though they just got started (一) they had a great conversation right away (就). same meaning, but, you know, sometimes those little thing might tell you something.

randall

又2點_____

It's 2 o'clock again

前日星期5 有個fr__Gofeyla (踢波識 好nice) 帶左我去教堂 既迎新日 (佢話我會識到好多香港人) 咁我咪去下 check it out lo -_- 去到~~wa!真係好多香港人 都有十幾廿個 有d做緊野 有d讀緊大學 有d讀緊high school

The day before yesterday Friday a friend Gofeyla (I met him playing football very nice) took me to attend a welcoming day of a church (he said I would meet a lot of HK people) so I went there to check it out. When I arrived~~wa! There were really a lot of HK people, about 10 to 20. Some of them are working, some of them are in college, some are studying in high schools.

去到______比我既感覺係好親切 都一個月都冇聽到咁多人講cantonese>M<

When I was there, I got a close and amiable feeling. It had been about a month since I last heard so many people speaking in Cantonese.

不過有d人講普通話 我靜係聽到小小ja___ 我小-.-凸

But some of them spoke in Putonghua. I could only understand a little. ????

真係唔識講 講斜dd cantonese音就算____話晒係香港普通話都囉F咖嗎-0-

Really don't know how to speak. Twist the Cantonese sounds a bit and voila ... after all in HK (I) got F for Putonghua

去到我撞到一個人 又係踢波識-_____-真係咁岩得咁q 佢又係教會d人 又係好鍾意踢波波 佢係一個e生@@ 好叻 佢話我控個波好定 haha ^^"

I met a guy there, again a football player ... what a coincidence, and he also goes to the church and he likes playing football a lot. He is a doctor @@. Marvelous. He said I controlled the ball well. haha

呢晚我識左好多人__d人好多真係好似真係信耶穌gum........

That night I met a lot of people. Many of them seemed to really believe in Jesus ...

但係講真 其實我去church係想識多d fr

But frankly I went to the church just to make more friends

信唔信耶穌?????我真係唔知

Do I believe in Jesus????? I really don't know

但係我覺得信唔信穌 信咩宗教都好 只要係道人向善既就係好既野

But I feel that no matter if it is Jesus, or any religions, as long as they guide people in the right direction they are good

所以我會繼續番教會

That's why I will keep going to the church

又3點-.-

It's 3 o'clock again

聽日又起唔到身

Again won't be able to get up tomorrow