Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Help with this phrase?


Recommended Posts

I have some Taiwanese relatives and I'm trying to understand what this phrase is. 


I'm not 100% sure I'm getting this right, but I think I'm hearing 這樣子. It typically will be them seeming to reply to something being said, because it'll often be said more like:

"Oh, jiang zi", or something close to that. 



  • Like 1
  • Good question! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh I see I answered the wrong question.  The Chinese is 这样子得 I believe, although it's mostly a spoken phrase and I'm not sure it's often used in written Chinese.  As you note it is frequently slurred together because everyone already knows what it means.  Kinda like saying gotcha or whatchadoin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...