Chinese-Forums

Characters that cannot be entered, but can be displayed

snarfer

I've found that the following characters can be displayed, but the MS IME won't let me enter them through pinyin or handwriting recognition:

屄bī

肏cào

Are there others? Do other IMEs allow them? Can they be added? Strange isn't it?

I've found that the following characters can be displayed' date=' but the MS IME won't let me enter them through pinyin or handwriting recognition:

屄bī

肏cào

Are there others? Do other IMEs allow them? Can they be added? Strange isn't it?[/quote']

Who do you want to abuse? :)

Wenlin allows to input them.

You might want to upgrade your IME then. The current MS Pinyin IME has them in the traditional and full-set input modes, and since the full-set defaults to simplified for multi-character phrases, you can set it to that mode and have continuous access to all the dirty words you want.

This all started because I wanted to write about how one of the trainers at my school is nicknamed 牛屄 (niu2 bi1). It is kind of like saying, in English, that someone is "the shit."

That said, I'm running Windows XP 2005 SP 2 tablet edition with the MSPY IME 3.0 and I can't figure out how to do what the previous post instructs me to. There doesn't seem to be a full character set input mode. Microsoft site of little help.