Chinese-Forums

Lingo chinese

hong long

Hello everyone,

I would like to take some online lessons, my level was HSK2, but I took it 2 years ago.

Lately I had to work very much and I hadn't many my time to study chinese.

I made some lesson one to one with some chinese girl, but now they went away for work.

So I have to decide to make some online lesson one to one.

Someone does know Lingo chinese?

https://www.lingochinese.com/en/live

I know they are near Confucio's Institute.

Price is higher than Italky, but I red that teachers are more qualified?

Can someone give me some advice to learn from home? Lessons, courses or other?

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, hong long said:

None does know this site?

I guess when you are starting to learn tennis, you could hire Roger Federer, but I wonder if he is worth the money?  Roger would certainly be casting pearls before swine, because a beginner cannot even appreciate the nuances he could teach you. At the beginning a moderately talented trainer is probably  enough and investing more may just be a case of diminishing returns (?) 

Long story short, I wonder what is wrong with Italki? While I have not had lessons with any of those teachers yet, lots of people are very happy. I will definitely give it a go when I go back to improve my speaking abilities.

I think you are basically right, I think there are good teachers on Italki for my level.
But I also believe that if you don't start out in the best way, it's more difficult to recover afterwards.
Anyway it was just to know if anyone had any experience on that site, I searched on Italki and I have already identified two possible teachers.

Had a look. It looks like they follow their own designed syllabus (or even a textbook) - you would have to clarify with them.

Some people prefer this structured approach with a school. Different teachers can take over classes with continuity - again check on this.

Italki can be structured but you are stuck to one tutor for that unless you rigidly follow a book. 

I think there is no 'best' way but one very highly recommended piece of advice is to get a lot of rigorous training on accurate pronunciation early and not later.