Chinese-Forums

University of International Relations in Beijing

Du4 Ke4

Hi guys.. First post!

Has anybody heard of this place and if so, do you know what it is like? I am looking at studying there next year. If there is a better place to go then I would really like to know.

This site is awesome and I would like to congratulate admin for its smooth browsing and excellent content.

My needs are this:

I have almost finished a year of mandarin (mandarin 1) at Canberra Institute of Technology in Canberra ACT Australia.

I have the basics with a vocab around 500 with a reasonable number of characters.

I am looking to study for 6 months to a year. I would like to get good results and am willing to pay around A$1600 for 6 months which is about $1900US.

I have looked through these forums and dont think I will go with private tutoring as I am not breezing through for a month or so at a time and I am determined to focus only on my studies and also would like certification after.

I have decided to go with a Uni and the one I have the info for is the University if International Relations.

Any input would make me truly happy!

Cheers,

Chris aka Du Ke

I believe this thread should be placed in the Studying in Beijing subforum, but anyway.

I'd like to add to Duke's quesions, do you really need to enroll to these universities before the cut off dates? Because alot of the cutoff dates seem to be in November and December, however I'll be arriving in early January. So I'd like to take my time and have a look around before I enroll anywhere for a late February start. Do you think I'll still be able to get into one of the Universities if I apply late?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Could anyone please share experience or knowledge of learning mandarin at University of International Relation (UIR) as I am weighting my options betweer UIR and BCLU.

Is the following address close to BCLU ? How Far ?

Center for International Education, UIR

Bldg. 15 DongWangZhuang,

Haidian District, Beijing , 100083

P.R. China

Thank you in anticipation

hi, i can't help much since i've never been to china. im planning on going next year. but i had the same questions as yours. there's a mini map at http://www.iscbeijing.com/imgs/map.gif site. i'm not sure if it would be that helpful or accurate, at the very least, but it shows that blcu is close to uir.

also, i enrolled at blcu instead of uir since i asked my friend from blcu if she's heard about uir, and she hasn't. she's been there 6 months.