Chinese-Forums

Creating Anki-flashcards from Pleco

heijopai

Hi, I searched the internet and reddit but it did not lead me anywhere! 

I stumbled across the possibility to add pleco entries to ankidroid, which was eye-opening. 

Now I am look for a way to improve these flashcards.

I have to major and one minor issue: 

1. I want to export the cards as two types (CN->EN, EN->CN) with one click. How is that possible. 

2. I want to add sound to the card. so that the pronunciation plays when I turn the card. 

Minor: 

1. I would like to export an example sentence... only characters would do. 

I would not mind putting in some extra work on  the Pc...

Are there any ways to achieve that?

Thanks a lot in advance! 

https://www.plecoforums.com/threads/how-to-export-an-flash-card-list-from-pleco-and-be-able-to-open-it-on-a-computer.3741/

6 hours ago, heijopai said:

1. I want to export the cards as two types (CN->EN, EN->CN) with one click. How is that possible.

Unlikely with one click. In Anki, you have a NOTE which contains your fields with the information. The you yourself setup which card to display. Either the CN to EN or EN to CN

6 hours ago, heijopai said:

2. I want to add sound to the card. so that the pronunciation plays when I turn the card. 

There is a chinese addon for anki. Install that and it will give an option for filling the cards and one of the options will be "sound".

Click on that and sound will be added - however it will use internet TTS (text to speech) so you probably will need to have access online at the same time as using anki  for the sound to come through.

example.jpg

On 12/17/2020 at 7:34 PM, heijopai said:

I have the add in but it works very buggy... I was hoping to use plecos audio as it is more natural! I'll try more

I suspect that is not possible at the moment but best to check on the pleco forums

A similar question about Anki.

I'm using the phone version, but the decks are the wrong way around. They are showing me the English, but I want it to show me the hanzi

I've tried looking though all the options, but can't figure out how to switch them around

any ideas?

• Good question! 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, heijopai said:

Change the way Cards are displayed in Anki. (Browse --> Select cards in the relevant deck --> Cards --> Options --> Add Card Type --> Customise the way you want it.) Front template should be {{Hanzi}}

I can't even find stage one!

I'm using to phone app