Chinese-Forums

Does a Beijing taxi central administrative office exist ?

crouchingdragon

I was lead to believe that there is a administrative office for all taxis in Beijing. In addition, one could call this office using the taxi number on the receipt to track down a specifc taxi/drive in the case of leaving a personal item behind.

1) Would someone happen to know there telephone number ?

2) Has any one had experience in calling this office to track down a taxi ? I am hoping to renew acquaintance with a taxi driver that I particularly enjoyed the next time I am in Beijing. I didn't think to ask for his cell phone number.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from you if you have had similar experience or can shed some light on my endeavor.

Many thanks

The number is on taxi receipts (assuming that's a central number, and not specific to the company), I'll try to remember to get a receipt and post it.

I've never had cause to call it myself (actually I have, I've just always though 'ah, what's the point' when I get out of the cab) but I know people have used it to complain and actually got company representatives round to apologise. I think they'll probably die of shock if you call up to tell them a taxi driver was so good you want to meet him again.

Roddy