Chinese-Forums

testing

beijingbooty

With a screen name like that, I wonder what kind of holiday you will be taking? Lol

Yeah I don’t really see that many beauty shops but I see the “tea shops”, yes it is illegal but obviously the cops turn a blind eye to it because it is quite obvious now isn’t it. (I can only assume that they are offering more than drinking tea and getting a haircut, however it could be like the girly bars: that they just want pretty girls to attract people—I am sure the majority of them are just whores)

This is what my Chinese friends and Chinese roommate told me back in the states:

1) if you go you have to have some money to bribe the police in case you do get caught

my Korean friend had a friend that went there and got caught and basically said it was just a bust by the police with the purpose of being a shakedown but I have no idea how much he paid—my guess is everything that’s in your pocket and if it’s not enough you go to jail :oops:

2) these places can be dangerous; this is directly from my roommate. He said don’t go anywhere like this especially in remote areas or poorly lit areas; he said some people have the intention of stealing your money through either through trickery or force (having five men come into the room after you are undressed etc.)

That being said, I would be extremely cautious.

Let’s not even talk about the risk of AIDS etc.

Web sites like thatsbeijing.com are absolutely littered with people offering “services” which are hardly veiled. (I even had some of them respond to my personal ad) Again, I would be extremely worried about someone who’s had so many foreign customers that they can speak English!!! Ewwww (I’m assuming from what I hear that most of these people aren’t exactly college educated—so they didn’t learn English in college)

As far as hearing about foreigners getting caught by the police, have only heard the one-story of my Korean friend. While my Chinese friends talked openly about going to these places (including the married ones!) I don’t exactly hear foreigners admitting that they frequent these places or saying “Hey man you know last weekend when I tried to go to a whore I got locked up”. :oops: LOL

yes it is interesting, my chinese friends here say that when they were in high school, it was commonplace for their mates and them to go the hair salons for a good time and I dont mean for a "rinse and wash".

They said no problems, unless their mothers found out !!

"Testing?!"

Original post was as follows below and then later modified to "testing", modified as I was answering

ORIGINAL POST:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Today 07:50 AM

beijingbooty I am going home tomorrow after a holiday in Beijng.

I have seen lots of beauty parlours and hairdressers with lovely looking young ladies beckoning dudes inside when they walk past.

I thought this was illegal.

If they went in and sampled their services, is there the risk that they would get busted. Or, is this something that the cops turn a blind eye to.

Anyone ever heard of a westerner recently being busted in a beauty salon whilst sampling some of Beijings local produce ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"yes it is interesting, my chinese friends here say that when they were in high school, it was commonplace for their mates and them to go the hair salons for a good time and I dont mean for a "rinse and wash".

They said no problems, unless their mothers found out !!"

In High School!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? No way. How do they get that kind of money that young? and again High School????????

but then again the girls are different here (not as open), but the boys--the same the world over. I guess they find it where they can.

Beijingbooty has requested this topic be deleted, as apparently a drunk friend got hold of his computer. I think I'll just close it though, as it has much useful information, such as 1) taking money to bribe the police if you are going a'whoring, and 2) don't let drunk friends near your computer.

Roddy