Chinese-Forums

where do u shop for men's clothing in Beijing usually?

babygodzilla

i honestly can hardly find any male clothing that i like at the markets like Wudaokou and Xidan. iono why the style just doesnt match my taste. im looking for a dressi-er shirt that i can wear to work, and to a bar/club. something casual yet presentable. i went to Giordano and they do not have a SINGLE buttoned shirt. not ONE. i was SO confused. instead they have all these overpriced t-shirts with mickey mouse on it. i was baffled... i dont wanna sound so high-and-mighty or like am flaunting or something but maybe i need to go to a real, branded store. cause when i go to the markets like wudaokou and xidan i find all these funky dress shirts that i think would look better in a gangster movie than in real life. besides, id rather pay a lil more for guaranteed quality, for a shirt that would last me years. my friend bought basketball shoes at wudaokou and it ripped within 3 hours, right after he played some ball. i usually shop at G2000, U2, Banana Republic, FCUK, Club Monaco, Diesel. of course i only buy when they're on sale :mrgreen::tong

so any suggestions where i should go? thanks!!

I'm nowhere near being a fashion expert, so don't overrate my advice, but maybe you should try the area around the zoo. Right opposite of it is a shopping mall with lots of small shops on the inside, and underground there is a huge area of what Chinese style outlet stores - it says 60 dollars on the label and you pay like 20 kuai. I went there a couple of weeks ago, and as far as I recall they also had some dressier stuff.

Ya Show, across from worker's stadium, has tons of that kind of stuff, and caters to western tastes in clothing. Get ready to bargain hard. Personally, I find WangFuJing over-priced. And I'm so sick of all those Chinese girls with their come-on lines trying to lure me into buying some useless crap.