Chinese-Forums

Chinese Scholarship Agent

juliaa

Hi, I just found 2 agents through wechat application that help students to get scholarships in china . Those two agents provide many scholarships and not that pricey.

I'm planning to apply for one program that they provide. Is it trustworthy to apply ? 

this is the link from one of those two agents http://www.lslsy.cn/ can you guys help me if there are any further information about this agent?

thank you.

I would at least look at the possibility of direct application. Just looking quickly at that page: 

"This website does not disclose the name and city of the school due to work requirements" - ie, you have little choice in where we send you.

I'm not keen on the way agencies are inserting themselves in between students and universities, and would much rather see direct applications. I've written about this before. However, I also know the application processes can be confusing, and in some cases universities and scholarship providers may prefer to work with agencies as a) less work for them and b) there's a lot of money involved, and I won't be surprised if some of it ends up in people's pockets.

It's sad to see here talk of a Y7000 fee on successful CSC application, and that the firm claims to have its own 'channels' with a better rate of success (我有我的申请渠道,我会提高你的成功率。)

Do you have an idea of where and what you want to study?

• Thanks 1