Chinese-Forums

Portuguese Classes for Chinese People?

BrazilianGuy

Hi,

Since last year Brazil and China become close business partners and their business relations are now better than never.

Brazil was the first country to recognize China as a market economy and brazilian companies are opening offices in China in a fast and growing scale, the same is happening with chinese companies on Brazil, so I'm thinking about the possibilty about teaching brazilian portuguese to chinese people, is there any chance of interest about it?

Anyway... I'm just spreading this question to see what will come...

Thanks!

Brazil just recognized China as Market Economy (and it is not true!) in order to China support the Brazilian delirium to have a seat in UN security council.

Since the condition to new seats, includes Japan... till the Rocks knows China will never support Brazil (or India, or specially Japan...).

and finally, until now, Brazil have only promises of Chinese investments, the reality is far from the brazilian plans...

Thats a typical brazilian partnership: Brazil gave everything without any reciprocity... e la nave va!

A lot of Brazilians and Chinese businesspeople already can communicate each other in English. I'm not sure if there's enough incentive for the Chinese to learn one more foreign language for business reasons. I heard even Japanese classes aren't that popular, and Japanese language teachers get paid substantially less than English language teachers. Japan is one of China's top trade partners.

But there might be some people with some extra cash in the large cities like Beijing and Shanghai who you can get interested in Brazilian culture. Chinese people tend to like soft music, so I think they'll take to something like bossa nova real well. Once you get them hooked, they'll want to learn the language, too.

Actually my ex-boss took several portuguese classes at the University of Hong Kong and after about a year´s study went to visit Portugal on her own. And apparently she was not alone (since there were classes there must have been enough students).

But I am not sure about Brazilian portuguese.