Chinese-Forums

Classic China dramas

chris2005

I don’t quite know how to put this. (Bear with me, I'm new!) But when I’ve been in Singapore over the years, I’ve watched a number of China dramas on the telly there, like Water Margin, The Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and there was one on the history of China beginning with Qin ShiHuangDi. I loved these dramas. I'd the impression - though I could be wrong - that these came out of the same production company because there was something distinctive about the acting, the costumes, the locations. Also, they all had this serious male voiceover narrating the story. And, when some words were spoken by the characters (you had the idea that these were famous words), Chinese subtitles would come on. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Has anyone seen these dramas? Or know where they are made? I’d the impression these were CCTV productions, but I could be wrong. Or how to get hold of the VCDs/DVDs?

Thanks

chris