Chinese-Forums

Can you help me read the name of this Chinese film

abcdefg

A friend of mine in Norway asked me about the name of this film. I can make out a couple of words, but that's all. Could anyone help me read the title please? I've never been any good with this kind of flowing, artistic script. Thanks in advance.

1941851458_chinesemoviehenrysmall.thumb.jpeg.4174e75db473d24d1a2e56dea594ca2c.jpeg

I get the middle two, 王 and 别。 Last character looks to have a 臣 component, but I cannot identify the complete word. 

Many thanks, @Insectosaurus-- That is obviously what it is. I've seen the move, but had forgotten how the title looks. Well done! I will pass the information along to my old pal. 

The film is a classic. For the sake of anyone here who hasn't seen it, this is a link to the Wikipedia article about it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farewell_My_Concubine_(film)  (This poster, below, makes the title more clear.)

image_2021-11-18_110656.thumb.png.2b10c2c9b031a67dd669ca70d42fa614.png       image_2021-11-18_110904.thumb.png.3f77635ae533353bfeeaf418ee11628d.png

• Like 1