Chinese-Forums

Guided meditation in Chinese - anything like headspace available?

markhavemann

Meditation is so popular and everyone talks about the benefits of it. A while back I started doing the headspace course but I didn't keep it up for long. It seemed really professional and structured and I keep meaning to start it up again.

Being able to make meditiation a part of my Chinese learning would motivate me a bit more I think. I looked around for guided meditations in Chinese and couldn't find anything close to headspace in quality and volume of lessons available.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

You can find vipassana classes in a lot of cities, it's called 内观 in Chinese, they're sometimes held in temples but also by lay practitioners I believe. Not done a course myself but from friends understand it's more similar to Western modern meditation, i.e. less emphasis on the traditional trappings of religion and more sitting. Just did a quick search on WeChat and it seems there's a lot of public accounts and streaming channels there you might explore.

On 12/6/2021 at 1:07 PM, Jim said:

You can find vipassana classes in a lot of cities, it's called 内观 in Chinese

I guess I am more looking for audio files to take a ten minute break some time during the day, I guess I never considered something like that but it could probably be a pretty interesting experience and potential way to make friends. I'll look into it.  

@markhavemann-- Here's a link to a Reddit thread about that (from 3 or 4 years ago):  https://www.reddit.com/r/Meditation/comments/6gronv/does_anyone_know_of_a_meditation_app_in_mandarin/ 

I use the "Calm" app, 10 to 15 minutes a day. Have done it for years. It's available in half a dozen languages, but not Chinese. Fits your  description. >>"I guess I am more looking for audio files to take a ten minute break some time during the day."

Here's one I just now found. Looks good. I might try it myself. https://insighttimer.com/lingjin/guided-meditations/ru-shui-ming-xiang 

>>"This meditation, created in Mandarin, guides you with deep breathing and a gentle body scan. It encourages you to let go, let loose, feel the inner connection and relax deeper. And prepares you to have a good sleep. 这个简短的普通话冥想,会引导你进行深呼吸,建立与内心的连接,释放内心的紧张,深度的放松身心,并安然入睡。"

• Like 1