Chinese-Forums

Chinese green card requirements

arreke

Don't know about Hangzhou but here's Shanghai.  https://gaj.sh.gov.cn/crj/enzwgk There should be an entry-exit bureau web page for Hanghzou, failing that visit their office before they close for the holiday. They prevent direct linking because they're jerks, so you have to click Permanent Residency Certificate and then Permanent Residence for Working Staff(就业人员).

• Helpful 1

I would recommend going to the entry-exit department (the same place you would go to do a visa) and ask them. They should be able to provide you with all the information you need. The entry-exit workers in Hangzhou are very helpful and will answer any questions that you might have concerning permanent residence (if I remember correctly, they have a window that is used exclusively for permanent residence. But its been years since I've been there, so I might be misremembering).

The other reason is that, even if you can find the information concerning annual salary on-line, its difficult to know whether or not information posted online is outdated or not. I would just choose a day and go ask.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

At the risk of posting another non-authoritative source, this just popped up in my feed:

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/yfA8MarTE7vQomnbiOm4VA

There are apparently meet-up groups in Hangzhou, Shanghai and Beijing for people who already have the green card.

However the article also lists a group for people who want to apply and who want advice from those who already have one.

Maybe that could be a source of first-hand experience and advice.

新年快乐!

On 2/1/2022 at 12:34 AM, mackie1402 said:

Not sure about salary, but when we went to the entry exit last year to ask, the lump sum that had to be frozen for 6 months was 150,000 rmb. That was Hangzhou, too.

I'm not sure if people getting PR through employment need the same lump sum. I got PR through marriage, and while there was a lump sum and some other requirements, there were no salary or job reqs (at least there weren't when I did the application. It would be odd if there were). I can't speak at all what the application process is for someone applying through their employer. I still think the only way to be sure is to go and ask.

On 1/31/2022 at 5:29 PM, mungouk said:

There are apparently meet-up groups in Hangzhou, Shanghai and Beijing for people who already have the green card.

Huh...didn't even know something like this existed.

On 1/31/2022 at 7:34 PM, mackie1402 said:

Not sure about salary, but when we went to the entry exit last year to ask, the lump sum that had to be frozen for 6 months was 150,000 rmb. That was Hangzhou, too.

That is for application through marriage, it has different requirements.

• Helpful 1

I am in a spousal green card group that aims to share experiences and give advice for those applying. They also have groups for those who have obtained green cards that do meet up (mentioned above). They are China wide groups not city by city. Check out this story: 

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/sEUixEov9_IUp1DT5US2ug

Hope the link works. If not PM me