Chinese-Forums

What's an Android keyboard that uses Swype?

vellocet

Well, it finally happened.  I have been using TouchPal keyboard for years.  It's fantastic.  It's the only keyboard I've ever found that does English and Chinese equally well.  Some do English well, some do Chinese well, but none do both.  But I foolishly updated my Xiaomi phone's system last night and today, the keyboard is acting up.  The app is dated 2017 and I searched for an update, only to find that the company that made TouchPal was kicked out of Google Play for secretly installing adware.  So, it's out of date and won't be updated for the new system.

Is there a keyboard app out there that uses Swype for Chinese input?  There are plenty that can use it in English, but I got used to using it in Chinese.  It's just so much easier to smear out input than to laboriously type out each letter in Pinyin.  It also predicts which character you're going to write next, which also is very convenient and saves a great deal of effort.  None of the Chinese domestic keyboards like Baidu, Sogou, iFlytek have Swype.