Chinese-Forums

Computer Science terminiology in Mandarin

Glyn

Hello, everyone!

Can anyone help me find a good computer science word list in English and Mandarin? I'm a computer science professor and I have several Chinese students, so I want to be able to discuss things with them in Mandarin (and Cantonese if anyone can find that list - I can speak a bit of both). I have found numerous "Computer" vocabulary lists, but they focus on things that users need to know, like 'keyboard', 'mouse', etc. I need vocabulary for teaching programming and other technical courses in computer science.

Thank you!

In my experience, the best way to learn these kind of things is to just start watching native teaching materials about the subject, and then farm out the vocab you need, as regular dictionaries are rarely sufficient. Even a word list sometimes isn't great, as you can't tell how the vocab is actually used in sentences. I'm currently watching some C programming tutorials in order to do this:

【C 語言入門】1 - C 語言入門課程簡介 - YouTube

1.1 什么是程序【C语言总坛:462624944】 - YouTube

I'm sure you can find plenty of computer science lectures too.

Of course, you need a decent level of Chinese in order to do this method, but it sounds like you have that anyway, so it should suit you fine.