Chinese-Forums

Hainan University!

Diego

Haikou is my favorite place in the world. I lived there for 4 months and I loved it so much. The university is kind of drab and you will undoubtably run in to an american named Hero who is full of so much sh*t it is hard to stand but the city is great. My Gf is from Hai Nan and I intend on going back there after I finish my university. The only problem with hainan is the local language which is so different from chinese it is un-conprehenseable. The best place to go out in Haikou are still zhong hai yuan (a massive disco) and the hai dian dao an island full of bars and street venders. The people of hainan are some of the most honest people I met in all of China and the weather is phenomal. I getting the urge to head back just writing this. ah . Well if you go you will have a great time head to wu zhi shan and to sanya's ya long wan. As long as you don't mind being stared at in a curious way and you can make a joke you will feel like a star. Enjoy your trip and I wish I was goign back.

First, thank you for your replay. Second, tell me more about this american named Hero. Who is him? What he is doing there… why you could not stand him etc…

Third, even if Hainanese it’s so different from mandarin, I will be able to find someone with whom speaking chinese?

Any dangers in Haikou or whatever?

:help :help :help

The deal is the foreign comunity in Haikou is really small and everyone gets to knwo each other. He is an american who speaks chinese. He is the average foreigner who is so ugly that he could never get a girl at home so he lives in Asia and preys on young silly girls lookign for adventure and who are in awe by something different. Other than that he always want to talk about all the chicks he had sex with and brag. At the time I couldn't speak any chinese so I never knew how good his chinese was. i would like to go back now and listen. Enough about negitatives. Hainanese is just a local language that you run into all people can speak mandarin but the have the normal southern accent. she you get used to the fact that they drop their H's and sometimes n sounds like l it is not to difficult. The university is kind of crappy but if you are enthuastic I am sure that you can make up for it on your own time just wandering the streets and talking to the intresting people. Most people there are down to earth and friendly and lots of people will be willing to do a language exchange. Hope this helps. Any more questions keep posting.

Wow, I have been looking for you for about 4 moths!

Hainan University,

6. Water & Electricity Fees:

Charges for water and electricity of the room have to be taken care of by the students themselves.

Regarding this: how much did u pay monthly?

Second question: are there any good and clean beaches around Haikou?

Third: wht about night life there?

Forth: Single room with private toilet! Can you describe me these rooms!

Last questions: I need to use internet few hours a day. Inside the University is there any free PC for the students?

ps. Regardin' Hero: OK, I will not forget it! Ty