Chinese-Forums

Confucius China Studies Program/孔子新汉学计划 2022

Alfonse Weicker

Hi! Yes, sure!

The interview was scheduled about 6 weeks after the application deadline. The questions were both general like "Could you tell us about yourself?" and "Did you contact in advance the supervisor of your choice?", and specific. like "Why did you decide to study your topic from this angle and not from that one?". A couple of questions were really specific and I don't know if there will be much sense if I share them here. But I think you should be ready to answer practically any question about your research. The duration of the interview was about 10 minutes and the Chinese interlocutors were friendly and quite relaxed. Apart from two men from the Confucius institute there was also a representative of the Chinese university of my choice.

Wish you good luck and all the best with your future applications!

• Helpful 2

• New Members

Thank you so much for your sharing! I would like to ask one more question, Did you have interview with your selected university before that? I heard that some people has to pass university's interview to get into the next round.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:56 PM, Teehee said:

Thank you so much for your sharing! I would like to ask one more question, Did you have interview with your selected university before that? I heard that some people has to pass university's interview to get into the next round.

You are always welcome! Well, I did not have an interview with the selected universities but I think there was a representative of the university of my choice at the interview (although without video and audio). I suppose the representative of the university was just listening to my answers.

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2022 at 9:17 AM, Alfonse Weicker said:

3/23 as a starting date of the fellowship. So, I chose 3/23 :)

According to the current trend, China mostly likely won't open by 3/2023. Maybe you are lucky if you are Russian; as for other countries... chances look pretty grim.

On 4/28/2022 at 1:30 PM, Teehee said:

Your sharing helps so much! Hope you will receive the best result soon!!

Glad to hear that! Thank you too and all the best!

On 4/29/2022 at 12:05 AM, Serg said:

According to the current trend, China mostly likely won't open by 3/2023. Maybe you are lucky if you are Russian; as for other countries... chances look pretty grim.

We will see:) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 9:29 AM, Huyenlala said:

Not yet. I'm becoming so worried now.

Has anyone tried to email them to ask about when the result could be announced?

No worries) On the website of the university I am applying to it says that the results will be available in June. Perhaps, we should simply wait a bit more

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...