Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

Resources for immersion, Chinese media, TV dramas, books, audiobook, guides to native platforms & more

MoonIvy

@MoonIvy, thank you so much for your recommendations!

I'm currently listening to 三体 during my commute, and I'll make 末日乐园 my next project. It is a good challenge since my listening isn't quite yet good enough to follow an unfamiliar audiobook. I've read 三体 in English and I find don't have trouble with it being familiar with the story.

Haha, I'm not really "allergic" to those genres I mentioned, except for maybe high school drama... I just can't stand any kind of teenage angst or teenage finding yourself stories. I just don't relate to them and I've just seen too many of them in the past.

I do like romance, if there is something else to the story too, and historical settings are interesting. I've just been avoiding (and saving for later) historical drama because the language used in them isn't that standard. But I guess at this this point I won't be in danger of picking up any weirdness to my 口语 from them any more. For example, I liked 相爱穿梭千年 a lot!

赘婿 looks good! I'll see if I'll binge on it this week! 😊

• Like 1

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

On 4/24/2022 at 9:25 AM, alantin said:

I do like romance, if there is something else to the story too,

Well, if you have time, give 《撒野》a go, might not be what you expect, might surprise you :)

On 4/24/2022 at 9:25 AM, alantin said:

Haha, I'm not really "allergic" to those genres I mentioned, except for maybe high school drama...

SAME! I can't stand high school drama or anything overly cheesy when it's comes to romance content, it's so cringy!

On 4/23/2022 at 2:14 PM, abcdefg said:

they effected a daring rescue before and during the first parts of a volcanic eruption near the Pacific "Ring of Fire." Also saved a whale who had gotten beached and was drying out. Does it ring a bell?

If you liked this one, you should also check out the Octonauts movie where they save the Great Barrier Reef from crown of thorns starfish.

• Like 1