Chinese-Forums

What are the best practices for preparing HSK?

laoyumi

A few friends of mine are considering taking HSK test. I know that there are lots of successful Chinese language learners with this Forum, and many have successfully passed HSK. I am wondering what are the best methods, tools, or practices that help you pass HSK test? Thanks so much in advance. 

There is so much to say about how to prepare for the HSK.  First of all, there are 6 levels (reported to become 9 levels later in the year), so how to prepare depends on which test the student wishes to take.  Almost everyone uses these to prepare:

- Vocabulary lists.

- Past exams (just Google etc. "HSK3 past exam").

- HSK Standard Course 标准教程 textbooks.

Beyond this, there are many resources (textbooks, webpages, graded readers, etc.) on this topic, along with hiring a teacher.  (And if you want to cover oral Chinese, there's the HSKK 汉语水平口语考试.)

Judging from your posts, I'm guessing you're looking to become a teacher rather than a student, in which case you should also know about the 国际中文教师证书 (CTCSOL = "Certificate for Teachers of Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages").