Chinese-Forums

Want to study together in Beijing?

becky82

I wish I could find someone as enthusiastic and studious as me to study with; someone who would love to speak in Chinese for hours, or just sit there studying textbooks, reading novels, newspapers, etc. (and not get distracted by a computer).  I feel like there must be people like that out there.

Now that the city is opening back up, it might be possible to form a Chinese study group.  I like studying in food courts at off-peak times, because there's a lot of space, and no-one makes you buy overpriced coffee.  (Also, random people often come up and speak with you.)  In the past, I've made use of a food court in 十里堡; I'd sit there studying for 5+ hours a day, and nobody would mind.

Anyone interested?  I live in Tongzhou, but I can travel.

• Like 3

This is where I like to study; it's a food court about a 10-minute walk south of 十里堡 (Shílǐpù) subway station (line 6).  It's downstairs at a (fairly small) mall called 万科时代中心.

1480181914.thumb.jpg.995bdb88027dff6bcece5530c8782274.jpg

This is a photo I took of the food court today:

1188243664.thumb.jpg.8983712579118805a7ded0ede43639ff.jpg

My experience is that it's always well-lit, there's plenty of free tables (except for the lunch rush on work days), and nobody cares if I sit there all day studying, or even reading aloud (you can't practice your oral Chinese at a library).

I went there today to check out the current situation.  It has re-opened, but they asked me to wear a facemask, which is different to before.

• Like 1