Chinese-Forums

Please help me find the movie Egg and Stone

rafff

Here's the Douban page: https://movie.douban.com/subject/6989751/; doesn't seem to be on any of the mainstream mainland video portals, a Google search using the Chinese title 鸡蛋和石头 returned several places claiming you could watch it but not sure how legit, maybe try that yourself and see if any work for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@rafff I assume you’re looking for a version with English subtitles, since you mention the English name.

Egg and Stone is listed in MyDramaList.com. But, it’s “N/A,” which is a sign that it probably isn’t viewable with English subtitles anywhere.

It isn’t on ViewAsian.co. This isn’t a good sign, since ViewAsian.co seems to have almost everything available with English subtitles. I searched Netflix, Viki, iQiyi, WeTV, MGTV and Youku. I also did a variety of other searches, including the following internet search: Egg and Stone eng sub. No luck.

Egg and Stone was released in 2012. In general, I’ve found it very hard to find Chinese films with English subtitles that pre-date 2015 or so. (2015 is the rough year, when the Chinese film industry really started soaring.) An older Chinese film pretty much has to be a blockbuster or have a superstar in it to be available with English subtitles.

If you manage to find it, please let us know how you did it. I encounter these situations every now and then too. The latest example for me is Tiny Times from 2013, Tiny Times 2 from 2013 and Tiny Times 3 from 2014, all with the superstar Yang Mi. The following internet search revealed that they’re on dailymotion: Tiny Times eng sub. (Tiny Times 4 from 2015 was easy to find on Viki.)

• Helpful 3

@rafff If you're into downloading videos to watch offline, then maybe try a private torrent tracker that specializes in Chinese/Asian videos. I've never tried it myself, but it seems like it has a lot more stuff available.

• Thanks 1

• New Members

Thankyou for helping, but still I cant even find it. I tried on any torrent websites and try into paid apps but still cant find it. I already see it on some chinese movie websites but I cant have a access I think it is only exclusive for their country. Feel bad I cant watch it but still thanks for helping I appreciate it. 

embedy ru has a version with english subtitles. Don't know it is ok to post the link, but If you search on yandex for "鸡蛋和石头" you should find it. Resolution isn't that high, but it's watchable.