Chinese-Forums

Quick signature reading verification

MG

I have asked for a help in reading this signature on the forum before without any luck.

Now the task I need help with is easier!

After some online investigation I have found a name candidate: "梁昌洪"

Can native speakers comment on likelihood of transcription correctness?

It might still be a mistaken identity.

The signature is from a book forward (序一)《新型微波滤波器的理论与设计》in case anyone wonders.

Screenshot 2022-06-03 143810.png

@Jim I know, that is why I considered him as a candidate.

I found his name (ending in character containing 共) from leadership positions from https://www.xidian.edu.cn/xxgk/lrld.htm because under the signature it was dated as:

2016年7⽉   于⻄安电⼦科 技⼤学

He apparently also authored several books from the field: 简明微波 and "Electromagnetic Frontier Theory Exploration"

I was hoping more for the handwriting-ligature confirmation, but I guess signatures are simply nearly unreadable no matter the language.

In any case, thank you for the effort. Also, any chance you could give me some help with this:

https://www.chinese-forums.com/forums/topic/62147-help-with-calligraphy-from-a-book-cover/ ?

It's from the same books' cover.

You mean the person who wrote one of the forewords, his name never appeared in print in the whole book? Not in the author's thankyou list, not in the table of contents, only a handwritten signature? I somehow find it hard to believe.

On 7/10/2022 at 7:22 PM, MG said:

The signature is from a book forward (序一)《新型微波滤波器的理论与设计》in case anyone wonders.

Had you mentioned the bookname in your other thread, someone would have been able to confirm that it is 濾波 and the signature is 慶昕. As for the red seal, see if OneEye can help you. He's our paleography expert.

• Thanks 1

You mean the person who wrote one of the forewords, his name never appeared in print in the whole book? Not in the author's thankyou list, not in the table of contents, only a handwritten signature?

Well简明微波》is quoted in the book, but I haven't noticed anything addressed to 梁昌洪 by the author.

Had you mentioned the book name...

Sorry for that.

Is 慶昕 signature of the book cover art author or am I misinterpreting the nomenclature for book covers? 

Also to what part of the book publishing process would the seal usually relate to?

《新型微波滤波器的理论与设计》是2016年科学出版社出版的图书,作者是庆昕等。

The seal is most likely 褚庆昕's personal name seal but unfortunately I couldn't read it.