Chinese-Forums

Buying appartment in Cheng Du

amo

Hi all. am new in this forum..

I am a 37 year old Norwegian, just married to my lovely 33 year old Chinese wife. We live in Norway but we also want an appartment in Cheng Du (Sichuan).

My first question is: Can I as a foreigner purchase the appartment or is it easier to put it in my chinese wife's name.

My second question: Does anybody have any good language school to recommend in Cheng Du? (English-->Chinese) :help

Kind regards

Rune aka AMO

gii@in.no

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all.

Time goes by and we have decided to purchase appartment in Cheng Du. We would like to move down there in January.

Can anybody help out with URL's to real estates companies in the Cheng Du area.

We want NEW appartment around 100 squaremeters and prices at 3-500.000 yuan.

Please assist.

Contact meat gii@in.no or post your reply here.

I would advise you to move there and settle down first in a rented apartment. If you have friends or relatives there, seek their opinions. Also, purchasing apartments in China can be trickier than you thought. If you are not careful, you could end up with something totally different from what's agreed in the contract, or worse yet you could lose your money. So, you might want to ask a trusted local friend or relative to guide you through the process.