Chinese-Forums

More translation please

zhiaimao

It's labeled Natuna on maps.

I knew it was an island in Indonesia. It is desputed with the PRC.

I just wanted to know if there was any meaning in Chinese.

Does "da nu ta na dao" have any meaning? I know, I asked before, but it answered for yin du ni xi ya (Indonesia) the first time.

Does "da nu ta na dao" have any meaning?

= Great Natuna Island

HashiriKata is right: The Indonesian name of the island is in Indonesian: 'Natuna Besar'. 'Besar' is the Indonesian word for big.

http://www.indonesiaphoto.com/content/view/146/42/

http://www.santos.com/Content.aspx?p=240

I believe it is disputed between Indonesia, Vietnam and Malaysia, NOT with the PRC.

After some research I found out that the group of islands is called 'Natuna islands', one of the islands is named 'Natuna' aka 'Bunguran besar'. So the correct name of that island is just 'Natuna', NOT 'Natuna besar'. This is imo important for the quarrelling parties, the correct name of the thing they quarrelled about :mrgreen:

Those foreigners just misunderstood the Indonesian sentence describing the name of that island, so both links I gave show the uncorrect name of that island. The adjective 'besar' only belongs to 'Bunguran', not to 'Natuna'.

The Indonesian sentence said about the name of the island: 'Natuna' OR 'Bunguran besar'. The foreigners read the sentence as: ('Natuna' OR 'Bunguran') besar. The adjective 'besar' should correctly only apply to the word 'Bunguran', not to the word 'Natuna'.

Sorry should I confuse you all with this grammar lesson, but it is interesting thinking about the 'scope' of the adjective.