Chinese-Forums

iXigua: Youtube/Netflix for Chinese

markhavemann

I don't know if I've seen anything about iXigua on the forums so I thought I'd post about it. Basically it's a video site based on YouTube, making it fairly easy to find content (as opposed to Bilibili which has a format and layout that I find impenetrable).

The user base seems to be growing and there seems to be more and more quality content creators and videos on all kinds of topics, basically like YouTube, which mostly has reasonably limited content Chinese wise. 

I decided to post about this because I just found that it also has the Chinese dub of Avatar the Last Airbender and We Bare Bears, and loads of other kids shows and cartoons (even Ninja Turtles) which are pretty hard to find elsewhere.  

I haven't fully explored the site but I can see it potentially replacing YouTube, bilibili and iqiyi to some extent, since there seem to be many fewer ads than iqiyi, and lots of things have soft subs, some are generated and others seem to be added by the video creators. 

• Like 2