Chinese-Forums

cycling and lycra and sailor moon, oh my!!

mr.stinky

somebody tell me about cycling in china. what should i bring over in terms of

cycling clothing? i normally wear black cycling shorts, with either a jersey or

t-shirt and a helmet. will i look like a geek? should i care? it's not like i'll be

able to blend in with the population anyway---not at 6'2" with long hair and a

yosemite sam moustache. will the sailor moon girls think i'm sexy? do they

even have sailor moon girls?

Did not often see anyone wearing riding nicks, but anything goes in China (wearing a suit to PJs to shorts and shirts while riding).

If you did wear the lycras, suggest that you take a pair of shorts to wear when you get off you bike - could be embarassing everyong looking at you when walking around.

A helmet - again did not see anyone with read bike helmets. Ocassionally saw workers on bikes with hard hats, but this possible so that they did not have to carry them elsewhere.

sailor moon girls think i'm sexy
. What are these? In China a lot of women will think you are sexy for the wrong reasons (think will make them richer - status etc)

Yeah, very rare to see people riding in actual biking gear - it's a form of transport, not a hobby. Even helmets are extremely rare - I don't think I've ever seen one.

There are probably biking clubs where you'd fit in better in your Spandex - there's one mentioned here for example.

I wouldn't worry about standing out though - as you say, you're going to stand out anyway. As for girls finding you sexy, a bike won't cut it. Try buying a car or two :mrgreen:

Roddy

• 2 weeks later...

I have indeed sighted people wearing bike helmets!

Didn't see a single one in BJ but down south in Kunming they are quite common (thankfullly- call me old-fashioned). Perhaps you should check out Friends of Nature campaign Beijing for Bikes! They are currently trying to keep people on their bikes and keep 'em safe.

Best of luck for your trip!

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon is a story about a klutzy, crybaby, 14 year old underachiever named Tsukino Usagi (月野うさぎ) who was given some transformation items and super powers. Usagi transforms into the pretty, sailor suited fighter called Sailor Moon to fight against evil. But even as the super hero, Sailor Moon is klutzy and a crybaby. Then as time goes by, Usagi is joined by some other girls to form a team of sailor suited fighters.

Sailor Moon is a story aimed at young girls (4 to 12 years old), and can be considered a magical girl story. The manga is written by Takeuchi Naoko (武内直子), and it is running in the monthly magazine Nakayoshi (なかよし). However because of various reasons, Sailor Moon has gathered a lot of fans from people of all age groups, and has become one of the most popular anime in Japan today. There is a Sailor Moon manga, a Sailor V manga, five TV series, three movies, several video games, and LOTS of merchandise.

(very popular in the usa for males age 23-45, due to the really hot girls drawn in

really, really short schoolgirl uniforms.)

"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way" Jessica Rabbit