Chinese-Forums

What should I name my OCs?

naly

• New Members

Okay, so I'm going to be straightforward and tell you guys their background stories so the naming will be more precise.

The first character is a female, she's a knight. She's a mature, easygoing, confident and kinda flirty type of person. I want a name that would not only match her personality, but that would also have an air of a cold, strong beauty who is out of reach. (Please help me out, I don't want to name her after flowers or something like that)

The second character is a male, he's also a knight. He's an overconfident person who cares a lot about his looks. He's extroverted, funny and, in fact, extremely gorgeous and handsome. We can call him "a beauty that transcends genders". I want a name that reflects his beauty and strength, which are equally matched.

As for the third and last character, I've already found him a name, but I wish there would be a more specific name as the current one may or not fit him properly. He has albinism so I'd like a name that has 'white' in it. He's an amiable person, who's gentle and shy, and has a frail health. He's extremely intelligent and smart, versed in politics, literature and poetry. He's very poor as he was abandoned by his family and was taken in as a disciple of an old master who's disguised as a commoner. I'd like a name that conveys the feeling of resilience and purity, as if he was a pure being untouched by the madness of the world.

That's it, I hope someone can help me name them.

Flirty but cold lady: consider something with 冰.

Handsome guy: consider something with 美. You need to balance this out to make sure the name is masculine though. Or something with 俊, with no need to balance it out.

Frail cultured albino guy: consider something with 皛. Three whites, and a pretty obscure character. On the other hand, if his parents were poor and he lived life as a commoner, perhaps you need a name with less learning behind it. Just 小白 would be the obvious choice. Or something with 洁, although I'm not sure if that works for a man.

Also consider explaining what an OC is, I suspect most of my fellow forum members won't know. And tell us a bit about why you want Chinese names for them. Are they Chinese? What kind of knight are they then?

• New Members

Okay, I'll just explain in this reply as I don't really know how to edit my post (it's my first time here ?).

OC stands for original character, and it's basically a character of my own, it can be for a drawing or a story, I guess this is enough for understanding what an OC is.

Yes, they are Chinese.

As for what kind of knight they are, I think there should be a better term to call them (it's a wuxia setting), let's just say they are high rank officials.

On 9/13/2022 at 10:50 PM, naly said:

The first character is a female, she's a knight. She's a mature, easygoing, confident and kinda flirty type of person. I want a name that would not only match her personality, but that would also have an air of a cold, strong beauty who is out of reach. (Please help me out, I don't want to name her after flowers or something like that)

Turandot.