Jump to content
  • Sign Up

China really needs BG check of all countries within 5 years?

Me Stillme

Recommended Posts

  • New Members

Does China actually need a criminal background check from all countries lived in within 5 years to teach English?


I taught in Cambodia 4 years ago, but getting the background check looks almost impossible from another country, especially having no memory of my address and management at the school completely changing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From some online information I've got, it's enought if you have no criminal record in your country of nationality or country of habitual residence.

I copied some information below:

How to apply for certificate of no criminal record and embassy certification?

  (1)Application for certificate of no criminal record:
Apply directly to relevant local police departments, such as Canada (Royal Canadian police RCMP and Canadian local police service), the UK (British Police Association criminal records office and British government criminal records office), Australia (Australian Federal Police Service).

  (2)Notarization and embassy certification of no criminal record certificate:
①After the application for no criminal record is successful, the documents shall be notarized in the local law firm or notary office

②After the notarization is completed, the first level certification shall be conducted in the relevant departments of the local government

③After the first level certification, the second level certification shall be carried out in the Foreign Affairs Department of the country

④After the second level certification, the third level certification can be carried out at the Chinese Embassy in the local area

⑤After the completion of level III certification, the certificate of no criminal record is valid, and you can apply for a Chinese work visa or related matters.


(1)The above processes are general processes, and the specific conditions shall be subject to the actual processes in different countries
(2)If the applicant comes to China for employment and needs to apply for work permit, it is recommended to apply for academic certificate certification at the same time when notarizing the certificate of no criminal record and embassy certification. Because the certification process is the same, the time waste and inconvenience caused by repeated process can be avoided.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...