Chinese-Forums

Help with male Chinese names

breadforlife

I’ve found some Chinese names from poems & some naming websites.

I’ll be using them in a story I’m writing so can anyone please let me know if they:

1) Make sense

2) Sound good/poetic

These are the names:
景行
県産
星熠
映展
凌霄
焱辉

灵天

灵松

灵丰

灵盛/灵声

英峰

信全

英盛

I’d also like recommendations for family names to go with them. Two family names are would be nice please!

Sorry if any of these sound odd, I’m not fluent ;; feel free to suggest other names or sources I could look into :D

While seeing 凌霄, I think of the popular family name 顾 for the male leads in many Cdramas.

Some two-character family names are also popular in Chinese web novels, like 欧阳, 诸葛, 慕容, 司徒, 东方, 皇甫, etc.

On 10/20/2022 at 9:10 PM, breadforlife said:

I’ll be using them in a story I’m writing

What time period does the story take place? What's the background of the characters (educated, farmers, rich, poor)? What's the genre?

On 10/21/2022 at 11:17 AM, Lu said:

What time period does the story take place? What's the background of the characters (educated, farmers, rich, poor)? What's the genre?

It should be set in historical Ancient China. Still not sure which dynasty, either Tang or Ming…

One character is a crown prince. He’s brilliant, cheerful, loves to dance, does things the way he wants (despite protests from his parents & the ministers) and generally has a mischievous persona.

The other character is an army general from an enemy state/faction. He’s polite, courteous, refuses to hurt others for no reason (even the enemy). He’s adept with the sword and has a generous, albeit serious persona.

Genre is danmei, with no real plot, just random scenes that will be woven together to give a rough story.

Hope that helps a bit! Please let me know if you need more context or info!

• Helpful 1

On 10/21/2022 at 4:39 AM, EnergyReaper said:

While seeing 凌霄, I think of the popular family name 顾 for the male leads in many Cdramas.

Some two-character family names are also popular in Chinese web novels, like 欧阳, 诸葛, 慕容, 司徒, 东方, 皇甫, etc.

I found two other names with family names but I'm not sure if they're ok...

The first is 朱春晓 and the second is 燕兴. 

Any thoughts?

On 10/22/2022 at 4:54 AM, EnergyReaper said:

Not bad. So you're going to choose the Ming dynasty?

Thank you!

Most likely yes. I couldn't find a surname from the Tang dynasty which I liked and would match 春晓. 

I guess my search was too limited ;;