Chinese-Forums

About paying for a scholarship CSC

Javlonbek

• New Members

Hello everyone, Since 2020, I have been studying PhD in China under a CSC grant. Because of the pandemic, I studied online in my country. I sat in lessons every day and took exams at the end of my studies. Now I'm back in China in September. Because I have to finish my scientific work in time. I thought my expenses would be covered by the accumulated scholarships and decided to come first. But some people already tell me that I will not get a scholarship for online study. They say from September 2022 I will be paid a scholarship. Now I have a question, is this correct or not? If correct, where is it written?

From what I understand, they don't pay for the time you weren't there, it doesn't accrue while you're taking classes online from your country, they only start paying you when you get there and going forward. While you were in your country, they would only have made the your classes free and provided you with free soft copies of textbooks. I have the CSC since this fall and that's how I understood it. I'll ask for fun just to be sure though. What university are you studying at?

Yes this is true. My school said the same. Any student not physically present in China will not receive money for "living expenses". I wish I still had the notice but I haven't been a student for years, I just remember when they sent the notice to the student group chat during covid. 

• New Members

I have been told that students enrolled before 2020 will be reimbursed when they are physically in China; students enrolled in 2020 and afterwards will not be reimbursed for all their monthly allowance for the time they were studying remotely, the allowance will only begin and be paid from the time they are physically China.