Chinese-Forums

need help: best way to get from beijing airport to beijing xi station?

libertango

my friend is coming to see me...

if i'm not able to go to pick her up (im in zhengzhou), then what is the best way for her to get to Beijing Xi train station? she can't speak any Chinese, and English is non-native.

On the airport website, it says there is a shuttle to Beijing Station, but if I'm not mistaken, that is the old train station...

Or, if I am able to go pick her up, what is the best way for me to get from Beijing Xi to the airport and back...

If we did take a taxi, about how much would it be? (it should be more than an hour ride...)

The first two lines on here will get you within a shortish taxi ride of Beijing West (Beijing Station isn't the old one, btw, but it is more central and smaller). Same principle applies if you want to go out to meet her.

Taxis to central Beijing are I think usually 80-100Y. I usually take the bus, so I'm not sure, but I'd guess a taxi out to Beijing West would cost an extra 20-40Y on top of that. Kind of guessing though. For a run that long it's worth making sure you get a 1.6Y cab rather than the 2Y.

Beijing West is a massive place, and can be pretty confusing. If at all possible I'd avoid arranging to meet there.

Roddy