Chinese-Forums

Address Translation

CodyP23

• New Members

Hello, I have some items to return to China, but I am not certain that I understand the Chinese address provided. Could someone help me standardize this? I just want to make sure I get the city and province correct. I removed Name, Floor Number and Building Number. Thank you.

China guang dong sheng hui zhou shi hui yang qu, Xunyang Technology Park, General Road

CN 516200 hui zhou shi guang dong sheng

On 12/24/2022 at 2:12 AM, CodyP23 said:

China guang dong sheng hui zhou shi hui yang qu, Xunyang Technology Park, General Road

CN 516200 hui zhou shi guang dong sheng

In China it's customary to write the larger geographical units of the address first, followed by the smaller, more localized parts. So that's what they have given you here. 

Country = China = 中国

Province (similar to a state in the US) = Guangdong Sheng = Guangdong Province = 广东省

City = Huizhou Shi = Huizhou City = 惠州市

District or quarter in that city = Huiyang Qu = Huiyang District = 惠阳区 (Chinese cities are often very spread out, so the district becomes very important.)

And so on, continuing to the street, name of the building, floor, office number, name of the company, name of the person in that company to whom you are sending the parcel if you have been supplied with that. The 516200 is a postal code, similar to a US Zip code. 

It's also customary to put the phone number of the person (or company) to whom you are sending the parcel on the outside as part of the address, so the post office can call them if something is unclear or if there is a problem. 

• Helpful 1