Chinese-Forums

Milk bag?

lukasfr

Is it liquid inside? Looks like it's just a sachet of milk, as it says in English. The other text is just filler puff about Pisces 双鱼座, smallest text at the bottom says 双鱼座的爱 像红烛淌泪 记得好好珍惜 which is roughly, "the love of a Pisces person is like drips from a red wax candle, be sure to treasure them"; the red wax candle has appeared as a poetic image for an ardent heart, as here: 红烛原文及赏析_闻一多古诗_古诗文网 (gushiwen.cn)

What it's got to do with a sachet of milk I don't know! Maybe they did a series for the whole zodiac with hokey text.

a sachet of milk

This is not an expression used in American English, hence the puzzlement.

In American English, the word "sachet" generally indicates a packet of something used to create a scent inside furniture, like the scent of lavender in a woman's underwear drawer.  A user of American English would wonder why anyone would want package of a milk scent.

• Helpful 1

On 1/15/2023 at 10:32 AM, Moshen said:

In American English, the word "sachet" generally indicates a packet of something used to create a scent inside furniture, like the scent of lavender in a woman's underwear drawer.  A user of American English would wonder why anyone would want package of a milk scent.

So, if the producer make a good translation to American English, it may be milk scent, sure, why not. I've seen many different extraordinary things, so milk fragrance for wardrobe is quite reasonable.

Thanks mate.

Sorry, Lucasfr, you misunderstood what I was saying.

I was not trying to give the intended translation for this packet, just explaining why the meaning might be obvious to some users here and puzzling to others.

In American English "milk sachet" is completely weird, because it's unheard of for someone to want a milk scent.

However, if you look at a British dictionary, "milk sachet" could very well indicate powdered milk.  Here's the British definition:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/sachet

Its example is "a sachet of sugar" which also makes no sense in American English.

• Helpful 1

On 1/15/2023 at 11:15 AM, Moshen said:

Sorry, Lucasfr, you misunderstood what I was saying.

Don't worry, I understand you well, I just elaborate on this topic. Of course, it would be a little bit weird to look for milk fragrance in a little paper bag, but who knows ?

I will just tell my colleague to open in, smell it and in just case, do not eat ?

I also know, that many chinese vendors do many mistakes in inscriptions translation from Chinese to English (either British and American). They use often automated translators for that purpose and the Chinese isn't well "translatable" with that method.

As you probably could notice, English is also not my native language, I do some mistakes, but I know there are some differences between American and British also in vocabulary.

Thanks again, mate.

Have a good day.

On 1/15/2023 at 11:41 PM, SunnySideUp said:

If it had been anything powdered, surely there should have been a 粉 somewhere?

It's what it says on the mulled wine package that someone gave my wife.  Inside the sachets are dry ingredients meant to be mixed with hot wine.

1.thumb.jpg.b2b44fc1e0d57335b72ee2802506d18a.jpg

• Helpful 1

Neither 包 nor 袋 have anything remotely to do with edibility. They are just characters used in words for packaging, wrapping, or bags/packets/pockets. Be careful what you say, or you'll poison half the newbies on the forum...

TBZ