Chinese-Forums

Q2 for unmarried partner?

heaviside

• New Members

Hello,

My girlfriends mom is suddenly very sick and is going to travel to China to see her. Her mom probably doesn't have very long to live. I need a visa to go with her but we're not yet married. Is there any chance I can still get a Q2 visa? So far it seems L visas are still not available.

Hi there,

I have a Q2 visa.  My husband and I both have American passports, and we have different last names.  He was born in Beijing and has family in China, who wrote the invitation letter for us.

I do not recall ever being asked to produce evidence that my husband and I are married.  I believe the invitation letter contained both of our names.

So based on my experience, it seems that if the Chinese government is now giving out Q2 visas (and their website implies that they are in special circumstances), then it's possible they'll give you a visa too if the invitation letter includes you both and you travel together.

• Helpful 3